Veritas Backup Exec 20
Veritas Backup Exec is backup and recovery software that runs on Windows Server. With the agents and options included, it can back up Windows, Mac, and Linux computers and virtual machines.
This donation provides one license for Veritas Backup Exec 20. One Backup Exec license allows the Backup Exec server to back up any number of devices. Only one license is required per organization.
Benefits for Organizations
Regular backups can protect your organization against a data-loss catastrophe. With Backup Exec, you can back up data from multiple sources in a centralized interface.
- Ease of use: An intuitive interface and wizards simplify installation, setup, backup, recovery, media management, disaster preparation, cluster installation, and agent configuration.
- Multiple-server backups: You can back up multiple servers at once, either as part of one backup definition or individually in separate definitions.
- Storage options: You can back up to nearly any storage device, including disk, tape, dedupe storage, or third-party cloud, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) Storage Gateway VTL.
- Block-level deduplication: Backup Exec deduplicates data across all backup jobs, including physical and virtual environments.
- Versatile recovery: You can recover virtual machines, applications, databases, files, folders, and granular objects directly from backup storage.
- Simplified disaster recovery technology: In the event of a disaster, Backup Exec can recover an entire server to the same or dissimilar hardware in minutes, not hours or days.
Agents and Options
Agents and options extend platform and feature support for Backup Exec environments. You can use an unlimited number of these agents within a network, allowing for multiple instances of agents to protect several servers. The version of Backup Exec available through SOCIALware includes all of the available agents and options. For a complete list, see Backup Exec agents and options.
Comparison with System Recovery
This product is one of two Veritas enterprise-level backup applications. For a comparison of the applications offered through SOCIALware, see the Guide to Veritas Recovery and Backup Products: French version - Dutch version.
The version of this product available through SOCIALware is the Not for Resale (NFR) version. You cannot upgrade NFR products to new releases. If you are seeking a new release, you will need to request a new donation through SOCIALware. In addition, NFR products do not include telephone assistance with product issues or add-ons; however, free online technical support is available at the Veritas website through its knowledge bases and discussion forums.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When SOCIALware approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.