Windows Pro Full Operating System - Get Genuine
OPGELET: In tegenstelling tot andere Microsoft-licenties, kunnen Get Genuine-licenties slechts één enkele keer worden aangevraagd tijdens de aansluiting van uw organisatie bij SOCIALware (meer informatie). Denk dus goed na over hoeveel licenties u bestelt, rekening houdend met toekomstige behoeften.
ATTENTION: contrairement aux autres licences Microsoft, le licences Get Genuine ne peuvent être demandées qu’une seule et unique fois lors de l’affiliation de votre association chez SOCIALware (plus d’informations). Réfléchissez donc bien au nombre de licences à commander, en tenant compte de besoins futurs.
- 1-GHz (or higher) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB or more RAM for 32-bit; 2 GB or more RAM for 64-bit
- 16 GB available hard-disk space for 32-bit; 20 GB for 64-bit
- 800 x 600-pixel (or higher) display
- DirectX 9 graphics device with Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.0 or later driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
See the full system requirements.
Product functionality and appearance might vary with system configuration.
This donation provides a full Windows Pro operating system license through the Get Genuine program to organizations that meet the eligibility criteria below. You should request one license for each computer on which you will install it.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center if you request this product. You can find out which version of the software is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document.
This donation is available only to correct scenarios in which an organization has an existing PC with one of the following operating systems installed on it:
- Counterfeit, pirated, or otherwise illegal, unlicensed, or improperly licensed Windows operating system
- The Home edition of Windows 10
- The Standard edition of Windows 8 or 8.1
- Home Premium, Home Basic, or Starter editions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Home or Starter editions of Windows XP
- Linux, FreeDOS, or other operating system
Once computers have genuine Windows, users can keep their current operating system up-to-date with the latest service packs and security updates by downloading them with Windows Update.
Benefits for Organizations
You should consider requesting this product if you need to install the latest Windows operating system on a PC that falls under one of the licensing scenarios described above.
You can use Windows Pro to:
- Protect computers from viruses and other malware with Windows Defender
- Support a touch-screen interface when working with individuals who cannot use a traditional mouse and keyboard
- Restore malfunctioning computers to the base installation with Reset and Refresh functions
- More easily switch between and access additional display languages in a multilingual environment
Special Rules for Get Genuine Product Requests
- Eligible organizations may place only one request ever for Get Genuine products.
- Requests for Get Genuine products may not contain any other products.
- During check-out, the Get Genuine Windows Agreement for Small and Medium Organizations must be accepted on behalf of the organization.
Note: Since Get Genuine products are part of the Windows Desktop Operating Systems title group, an organization's request for them will reduce the number of operating system upgrade products it may request in its current two-year donation cycle.
Software Assurance Not Included
Get Genuine products do not include the Software Assurance benefits that come with most other Microsoft software donations. If an organization installs a Get Genuine product, that product will not have the benefit of receiving a free upgrade to a newer version of Windows when it is released in the future. However, the Get Genuine product will provide a computer with a legal base operating system upon which Windows upgrade products that include Software Assurance benefits offered through TechSoup can be installed. Additionally, organizations that request Get Genuine products will be able to downgrade their donation to earlier Windows OS versions at no cost through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from SOCIALware after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, SOCIALware will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with SOCIALware is up-to-date. Visit "My account" and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from SOCIALware to obtain your donation through the VLSC.