Dynamics 365 for Team Members (On-Premises) User CAL
The Dynamics 365 for Team Members (On-Premises) user CAL provides a user with basic or read-only access to Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server from any device. Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server is the on-premises version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and runs on Windows Server.
This donation provides one Dynamics 365 for Team Members (On-Premises) user CAL. The rights to run Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server software are included with the CAL. For additional information about Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) and its licensing requirements, see the Guide to Dynamics 365 Products and Licensing.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Dynamics 365 for Team Members (On-Premises) to
- Simplify relationship management by bringing together all constituent information into a central location
- Automate and streamline processes by identifying best practices and creating consistent procedures
- Create reports:Reports are available with on-demand, scheduled, or event-based delivery and can be generated by users without IT assistance.
- Track correspondence:Replies to tracked emails are automatically tracked as well, allowing users to quickly see all pertinent correspondence with or about a customer.
- Deploy a knowledge base:You can set up a searchable knowledge base for your employees to provide them with consistent answers across channels.
CALs do not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs offered through TechSoup are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Obtaining the Server Software
The right to run Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server software is included with the CAL. No additional licenses are needed for server software.
Installing the server software requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. VisitMy Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.